- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
1. Place eggs in a medium saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Uncover, reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, place eggs in a large bowl of cold water. Gently crack eggs and leave in cold water 1 minute, then peel.
2. Return water to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook until asparagus is crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, Parmesan, parsley, lemon zest, pepper and remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt. Chop eggs and add to dressing. Stir in chickpeas, radishes, onion and asparagus. Divide salad among four plates lined with Bibb lettuce.