In honor of Ash Wednesday, I am going to provide a seafood recipe for those who don't eat meat today. Today's recipe is fish tacos. An easy/tasty/healthy meal!
Recipe from Fitness.com
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup peeled, chopped jicama
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn, red onion, jicama, red bell pepper, and cilantro. Stir in lime juice and zest.
- In a small bowl, combine cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, and salt. Brush each fillet with olive oil, and sprinkle with spices.
- Place fillets on grill, and cook for 3 minutes per side. For each taco, top two corn tortillas with fish, sour cream, and corn salsa.