For my birthday, I asked for some upgrades to my 15 year old bicycle. I hadn't ridden it in about 12 years and my tires needed an upgrade and so did the handle bars. Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it has lasted in storage! It's not nearly as cute as the one pictured here, but it's one heck of a bike!
As we (slowly) ease into fall, I'm hoping for some cooler weather so I can spend some time outside after work and train my muscles to really appreciate all that a bike can do. There are so many benefits to bike riding!
Some of my favorite reasons for picking up this new hobby are:
1. It's good for your mental health - it can provide a release and allow you to clear your head while getting exercise
2. It's good for your whole body - you get a full body workout when you ride your bike so you are working every muscle
3. You can do it anywhere - as long as there is a bike around, you can go exploring in any city!
4. It is easier on your joints than most other exercises - sometimes my poor knees and ankles need a break
5. It's a calorie-torcher - you can burn almost 500 calories in an hour when going 12-14 mph
6. It's an alternative to driving - this can save money and make you feel better about your quick trip to the store or coffee
7. It provides an activity to share with friends or a loved one
Here are things other people are saying about bike riding:
30 Reasons to Take Up Cycling
Reasons to Ride
The Top 7 Health Benefits of Cycling
7 Reasons to Start Bike Riding
And apparently I'm not the only one who has taken to bike riding. Below are just a few pictures of celebs who have also decided to start cycling!
How many of you ride your bike? Thinking of maybe picking it up?