1 onion chopped
2-3 cloves garlic chopped
1T fresh grated/chopped ginger
Sautee in evoo until tender, about 5min
1 quart veggie broth
2 c fresh or canned pumpkin
Bring to boil then cover & simmer on med/low for 20min
Stir in 2t brown sugar, 1-2t cinnamon, and fresh grated nutmeg to taste. Red pepper would also be delish, but I sprinkled some jalapeno cheese on instead. Mmmmm :)
- 1 unbaked pastry shell
- 125 g grated tasty cheese (4 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 190DegC (375degF).
- Sprinkle (blue?) cheese over pastry base.
- Melt butter in a pan and lightly fry spring onions for 2 minutes.
- Add spices + thyme, egg yolks, cream or milk and pumpkin.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, fold into mixture, then pour filling mix into case slowly.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, then lower heat 180degC (350degF) and bake a further 30 minutes.