- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 (1/8-inch-thick) slices peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated Key lime rind or lime rind
- 1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice or lime juice (about 10 Key limes)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large nonaluminum saucepan; bring to a boil. Add lime rind, and cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl, reserving the sugar mixture. Discard solids. Cool sugar mixture completely. Stir in lime juice.
- Pour the juice mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Serve with Gingersnaps.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in sugar and cocoa; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; add chocolate and vanilla, stirring until chocolate melts. Cover and chill completely.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- 3 cups lemon sorbet
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Place a large bowl in freezer. Let sorbet stand at room temperature 45 minutes or until softened.
- With a rubber spatula or stand mixer, combine softened sorbet, ginger, and pepper in chilled bowl. Cover; freeze to desired consistency.