1 5 lb. bag of yellow potatoes
1/2 c. milk
1/2 stick of melted butter
salt/pepper to taste
Boil a large pot of water.
Cut the potatoes into fourths so they cook easier.
Put potatoes into pot and allow to boil until soft and easy to mash.
When soft, transfer potatoes into a large bowl and pour milk and melted butter over the top.
Mash until desired consistency. I like to have mine a little chunky like the picture above, but some people prefer to whip their potatoes. It's completely up to you.
Serve with your favorite type of gravy (mine is brown gravy!).
- 2 16oz. cans of sweet potato
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Place sweet potatoes in a buttered 2-quart baking dish. In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; cook until mixture boils. Pour over potatoes; bake at 350° for 30 minutes, or until hot and nicely glazed.
Easy glazed sweet potatoes recipe serves 6 to 8
(My personal favorite)
- From AllRecipes.com
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium baking dish. Distribute butter pieces evenly over the sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Layer with miniature marshmallows.
- Cover and bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and marshmallows have melted.